AKTS UPDATE (13th April, 2022)
The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) presents the latest update on the ill-fated AK9 Abuja – Kaduna bound train of 28th March, 2022 as follow:
- The Corporation has now re-railed the last rolling stock today. This means that all 14No. de-railed rolling stock (i.e. 11No. Coaches on the ill-fated AK9 rake and 2No. Coaches and 1No. Locomotive on the Rescue Train) has all been re-railed and moved from the incident site to the Corporation’s Stations in Idu and Rigasa.
- Intensive track repair works continued at site. An advanced level of track repairs has been achieved and hopefully to be rounded off in the 10 days
- The Security agencies are working tirelessly to ensure the rescue and release of our Passengers abducted by the Bandit during the attack
- While we continue to sympathize with families of those who lost or have not seen their loved ones as a result of the AK9 Train incident of 28th March 2022, we encourage anyone still looking for a loved one and has not reported to please contact the numbers below:
- Funmi 08033546208
- Halidu 08060044600
- Hanatu 07066700150
- The process of linking Passengers profile to their NIN for improved profiling is on-going. This layer of passenger screening will commence by May 2022.
- The Abuja – Kaduna Train Service (AKTS) will resume as soon as possible with additional security measures put in place.
- The NRC expresses it profound gratitude to the security agencies for the continued support, especially for the security cover availed our officials and staff at the incident site.
- The Corporation will continue to update the general public of latest developments
Thank you and God bless Nigeria.
ENGR. FLOKHIRIA ENSE, FCILT