INSURANCE CLAIMS PROCEDURE FOR NRC PASSENGER TRAIN SERVICE
* In the event of a train accident resulting into injury, permanent disability and or death; the claimant shall duly complete Personal Accident claim form for NRC passengers.
* The claimant shall produce evidence of payment of the premium (In this case, it is built into the passenger fare ticket issued either through on-line purchase or Ticket Office Machine (TOM).
* The claimant shall produce evidence of purchase of ticket for the particular train journey i.e. Abuja-Kaduna trip 9 also code named AK9.
* The claimant shall produce medical report in all cases of bodily injury.
* The claimant shall produce medical bills from hospitals including medical expenses incurred by claimants at NRC hospitals.
* The next of kin of the claimant shall produce a death certificate on the event of death.
* The claimant shall bring all the above documents/evidences to any of the Nigerian Railway Corporation stations on the Abuja-Kaduna train service corridor, or the Head Office at Ebute-Metta, Lagos.
* The Insurance Claim Form can be downloaded from Here
The NRC Insurance desk officers can be contacted for further information and guidance.
Mr. Usman Halidu
Mrs Funmi Isiorho