NIGERIAN RAILWAY CORPORATION
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION/EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF 2022 PROCUREMENT ACTIVITIES OF THE NIGERIAN RAILWAY CORPORATION
The Nigerian Railway Corporation and its subsidiaries invite interested and reputable Contractors, Suppliers and Consultants with relevant and verifiable experience to apply for pre-qualification for the following 2022 projects:
⦁ DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECTS
CATEGORY A – GOODS
[tablesome table_id=”8004″ search=”0″ sorting=”0″ filters=”0″ page_limit=”3″]
CATEGORY B – WORKS
[tablesome table_id=”8007″ search=”0″ sorting=”0″ filters=”0″ page_limit=”6″]
CATEGORY C – CONSULTANCY SERVICES
[tablesome table_id=”8008″ search=”0″ sorting=”0″ filters=”0″ page_limit=”6″]
⦁ ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Prospective bidders should submit the following documents in their Technical profiles:
– Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC2 &7. Business Name is acceptable for Category C;
– Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021) valid till 31st December, 2022;
– Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
– Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder’s annual turnover is N50m and above);
– Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
– Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
– Sworn Affidavit:
⦁ certifying that the company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy.
⦁ no officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Railway Corporation or the Bureau of Public
Procurement is a Director or Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and that all
information presented in the bid is true and correct in all particulars
⦁ That none of the Directors of the Company has been convicted for criminal offence in relation to
fraud or financial impropriety in any court in Nigeria or elsewhere.
– Company’s Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021).
– Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
– Company’s profile with the Curriculum Vitae of the Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications;
– Lot C03: Company’s valid Training License/Certificate issued by Centre for Management Development (CMD);
⦁ Verifiable document evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years
Letter of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificate and Photographs of the Projects;.
⦁ Operational Licence issued by NAICOM
⦁ Valid and adequate re-insurance Treaty arrangement (Underwriters Only)
⦁ Certified True Copy of Audited Accounts approved by NAICOM
– Lot C04: Evidence of Firm’s current registration with
⦁ Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria;
⦁ ICAN, ANAN or any other relevant regulatory professional body(ies)
– Lots C01 and C02: Evidence of Firm’s current registration with relevant regulatory professional body(ies) such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, ESVARBON etc.;
– All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
⦁ SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS – GOODS & WORKS
Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification documents for each of the Lot desired; two (2) hard copies each of the technical bids packaged in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Prequalification”; and addressed to The Director, Procurement, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Ebute-Metta, Lagos and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box in the Office of The Director, Procurement not later than 12:00 Noon, Thursday, 21st April, 2022.
⦁ SUBMISSION OF EOI DOCUMENT – CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Interested firms are to submit two (2) bound copies of Expression of Interest (EoI) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to The Director, Procurement, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Ebute-Metta, Lagos and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Office of The Director, Procurement not later than 12:00 Noon, Thursday, 21st April, 2022.
⦁ OPENING OF EOI/PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The EoI/Prequalification documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 Noon, Thursday, 21st April, 2022, at the Directors’ Block, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Ebute-Metta, Lagos. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Director Procurement, as the Nigerian Railway Corporation will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
⦁ GENERAL INFORMATION
⦁ Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
⦁ Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
⦁ Bidders should not bid for more than Two (2) Lots; failure to comply is automatic disqualification.
⦁ Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
⦁ Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services)
⦁ Consultancy Service: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
⦁ Goods & Works: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids collection;
⦁ The arrangement of the EOI/prequalification documents in hard copies should follow the order in the list above and appropriately paged. The EOI/prequalification document should have a table of content indicating the pages, which these items are to be found. Failure to comply with this directive will result in disqualification of the bidder.
⦁ The Nigerian Railway Corporation is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act,2007.