The attention of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has been drawn to the activities of some fraudulent persons using various dubious means varying from text messages, social media platforms to lure unsuspecting members of the public to apply for jobs in the NRC.
For avoidance of doubt, we wish to state as follows:
- That NRC is currently not recruiting.
- That NRC will advertise all vacancies, whenever it is ready to embark on a recruitment exercise.
- That members of the Public, particularly unsuspecting applicants, should be wary of fraudulent online sites where they demand for money for NRC jobs.
- That NRC will not demand payment in any form for any job placement.
- That anyone who deals with the peddlers of these fraudulent sites does so at his or her own risk.
- That anyone contacted for the purpose of the purported recruitment other than through advertisement duly placed by the Corporation in National newspapers, should report to the relevant law enforcement agencies.
SIGNED: NRC MANAGEMENT, 1st OCTOBER 2020.