NIGERIAN RAILWAY CORPORATION
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION/ EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF 2020 PROCUREMENT ACTIVITIES OF THE NIGERIAN RAILWAY CORPORATION
The Nigerian Railway Corporation and its subsidiaries invites interested and reputable Contractors, Suppliers and Consultants with relevant and verifiable experience to apply for pre-qualification for consideration to tender for the projects indicated below under 2020 Budget.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECTS
The projects fall under the following categories:
CATEGORY A – Goods
|G01||Procurement of Tools, Equipment and Materials for emergency repairs and maintenance of Tracks||Nationwide|
|G02||Procurement of Rolling Stock Consumables lubricants,etc||Nationwide|
|G03||Procurement of Rolling Stock Spare Parts|
CATEGORY B – Works
|W01||Repair and Maintenance of Track.||Nationwide|
|W02||Repair and Maintenance of Bridges.||Nationwide|
|W03||Repair and Maintenance of Culverts.||Nationwide|
|W04||Renovation/Upgrade of Railway Stations and other buildings together with associated facilities.||Nationwide|
|W05||Manufacture/Supply and Commissioning of Locomotives, Coaches, Wagons, Railway Inspection vehicles and cranes (Standard Gauge) – OEMs and/or their representatives.||Nationwide|
|W06||Manufacture/Supply and Commissioning of Locomotives, Coaches, Wagons, Railway Inspection vehicles and cranes (Standard Gauge) – OEMs and/or their representatives.||Nationwide|
|W07||Rehabilitation of Locomotives, Coaches, Wagons, Railway Inspection Vehicles and Cranes (Narrow Gauge)||Nationwide|
|W08||Rehabilitation of Locomotives, Coaches, Wagons, Railway Inspection Vehicles and Cranes (Narrow Gauge)||Nationwide|
|W09||Procurement/Rehabilitation and Installation of Equipment for Mechanical/Electrical, S&T, Security, Operations, Civil and ICT facilities.||Nationwide|
CATEGORY C – Consultancy Services
|C01||Provision of Facilities Management Services||Nationwide|
|C02||Provisioning of Project Management Consultancy Services||Nationwide|
|C03||Training Services and Human Capacity Development||Nationwide|
|C04||Generation of Alternative Revenue for the Corporation||Nationwide|
|C05||Provision of Insurance Services||Nationwide|
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Prospective bidders should submit the following documents in their Technical profiles:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC02 and CAC07;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 and 2019) valid till 31st December, 2020;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 30/06/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Sworn Affidavit:
- certifying that the company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy.
- no officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Railway Corporation or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a Director or Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and that all information presented in the bid is true and correct in all particulars
- that none of the Directors of the Company has been convicted for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety in any court in Nigeria or elsewhere.
- Company’s Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 and 2019).
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s profile with the Curriculum Vitae of the Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications;
- Company’s valid training license/certificate issued by Centre for Management Development (CMD) – for Lot C03;
- Verifiable document evidence of at least three (3) years similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letter of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificate and Photographs of the Projects;.
- Evidence of valid registration with the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) – for Lot C05;
- Evidence of current registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria – for Lot C04
- Consultancy Services: Evidence of registration with relevant professional body(ies);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
- SUBMISSION OF EOI DOCUMENT – CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Interested firms are to submit two (2) bound copies of Expression of Interest (EoI) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to The Director, Procurement, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Ebute-Metta, Lagos and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Office of The Director, Procurement not later than 12:00Noon, Thursday, 16th of April, 2020.
- SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS – GOODS & WORKS
Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification documents for each of the Lot desired; two (2) hard copies each of the technical bids packaged in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Prequalification”; and addressed to The Director, Procurement, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Ebute-Metta, Lagos and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box in the Office of The Director, Procurement not later than 12:00Noon, Thursday, 16th April, 2020.
6.OPENING OF EOI/PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The EoI/Prequalification documents will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission 12:00Noon, Thursday, 16th April, 2020 at the Directors’ Block, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Ebute-Metta, Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office the Director Procurement, as the Nigerian Railway Corporation will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
7. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than three (3) Lots; failure to comply may be grands for disqualification.
- All cost will be borne by the bidders;
- Arrangement of technical documents in hard copies should follow the order in the list above and appropriately paged. The technical document should have a table of content indicating the pages, which these items are to be found. Failure to comply with this directive will result in disqualification of the bidder.
- The Nigerian Railway Corporation is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the 2007 Public Procurement ACT.