The Nigerian Railway Corporation wishes to dispose its scrap metals in line with Public Procurement Act 2007 and Section 2619 of the Federal Government Financial Regulation 2009. The Corporation has carried out the valuation of the Scrap Metals to be disposed and intends to dispose them to the highest bidders over the values of the reserved prices.
In view of the above, interested reputable bidders or their Authorized Representatives are hereby invited to tender for the purchase of the following Scrap Metals across the country.
|LOT NO||DESCRIPTION OF ITEM||LOCATION||RAILWAY DISTRICT MANAGERS OFFICE ADDRESS|
North Eastern District
|1,171.90||–||Bauchi||Nigerian Railway Corporation
North Eastern District Headquarters, Gudum Road, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
North Central District
|2,645.56||27||Kafanchan||Nigerian Railway Corporation
North-Central District Headquarters, Kafanchan, Kaduna State.
Northern and Eastern District
|1,323.50||Zaria / Enugu||Nigerian Railway Corporation, Sokoto Road, Zaria, Kaduna State.
NRC, Eastern District Headquarters, 1, Colliery Avenue Off Okpara, Avenue Enugu, Enugu State.
North Western District
|1,448.81||Minna||Nigerian Railway Corporation
North Western District Headquarters, Ibrahim Badangida Road, Minna, Niger State.
|2,328.60||–||Ibadan||Nigerian Railway Corporation
Lagos District and Headquarters
|826||19tons &450KG||EBJ / Loco||Nigerian Railway Corporation
Headquarters, Ebute-Metta Junction/Loco, Lagos.
|161no of machines /equipment /
|NRC Headquarters||Nigerian Railway Corporation
Headquarters, Ebute-Metta, Loco, Lagos.
2.0 BIDDING CRITERIA:
Interested reputable bidders or their Authorized Representatives are required to submit Technical and Financial Bids in strict compliance with the under-listed Documents. Failure to provide any of the under-listed documents may be grounds for disqualification.
- Valid Certificate of Incorporation from Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of Company’s VAT Registration.
- Evidence of Compliance with Pensions Act, 2004.
- Evidence of Compliance with the Provisions of the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act 2011.
- Verifiable evidence of works of similar nature executed, including their values.
- Authorized Representatives must provide valid Certificate of Incorporation, VAT Registration Certificate and verifiable evidence of authorization as a representative in form of an MoU.
- Power of Attorney for company’s appointed representative.
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers in form of Interim Registration Report (IRR)
- All documents submitted must be accompanied with an Affidavit sworn in a Magistrate Court / High Court to confirm authenticity
- Audited Account for the past three (3) years.
- Verifiable Evidence of Annual Turnover
- Verifiable Evidence of source of funding
- Your bidding price for the Lots you are bidding for.
3.0 CONDITIONS FOR BIDDING:
3.1 Bidding documents containing full descriptions and locations of the items to be disposed of are obtainable from the office of the Deputy Director Procurement, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Ebute-Metta, Lagos as from Monday, 23rd of July, 2018, on the presentation of RRR for a non-refundable bidding fee of One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000.00) per Lot for confirmation.
3.2 The first Three (3) weeks of the bidding period shall be for inspection of the items Mondays – Fridays between the hours of 10.00am to 4.00pm at the locations. Bidders are expected to contact the Railway District Managers in the respective Districts Headquarters. The Bidders shall be conducted around the designated locations by members of the Committee that undertook the assessment and prepared the Inventory of the Scrap metals.
3.3 The winner for each designated Lot shall be the highest bidder over and above the Corporation’s reserved prices. In a situation where no bidder meets the reserved price, the three (3) highest bidders will be invited to re-bid for the items in the relevant Lot.
3.4 Payment shall be made as follows:
- 10% of the bid price shall be submitted with the tender as Bid Security in Banker’s Cheque payable to Nigerian Railway Corporation on or before the closing date of submission. Please note that each Lot shall have its own Bid Security Separately, hence the cheques should be submitted separately.
- The remaining 90% of the bid price shall be paid by the winner within three (3) weeks of the acceptance of the offer by the Corporation.
- Failure of the winner to complete full payment within three (3) weeks of acceptance of offer by the Corporation will result in disqualification and the forfeiture of its 10% Bid Security and the scrap.
3.5 Winners shall take possession of the materials and move same out of locations, under the supervision of members of the Committee, within four (4) weeks after full payment, failure of which will attract a demurrage payment of 1% per day of the bidded price for a maximum of four (4) weeks after which the bid will revert to the next highest Bidder, loosing his 10% deposit and the equivalent amount incurred on demurrage.
3.6 The items shall be bidded for “as is” without testing.
4.0 BID FORMAT
4.1 Domestic Preference:
All foreign Bidders or their Authorized Representatives shall please note that in the event that they are the preferred bidders, only 50% of the total value of the items bidded for shall be sold to them. The remaining 50% shall be sold to a local Company whose bid is closest to the Winning bid. However, the local Company shall be invited to match the offer of the foreign company for the 50%.
5.0 SUBMISSION AND OPENING OF BIDS
5.1 Completed bids shall be submitted in sealed envelopes and labelled with the “item Lot/Name/Location” at the top right hand corner, addressed as below and dropped in the appropriate Tender Box on or before 1:00pm Wednesday the 5th of September, 2018.
The Deputy Director (Procurement)
Nigerian Railway Corporation,
5.2 The closing date for the submission of bid is on or before 1:00pm, Wednesday the 5th of September, 2018.
5.3 Bids will be opened at 2:00pm on Wednesday the 5th of September, 2018 in the presence of bidders or their representatives who wish to witness the opening.
5.4 All inquiries should be directed to the address at 5.1 above.
6.1 This announcement is published for information purpose only and does not constitute an offer by the Corporation to transact with any party for the disposal, nor does it constitute a commitment or obligation on the part of the Corporation to dispose the items.
6.2 The Corporation will not be responsible for any costs nor expenses incurred by any interested party(ies) in connection with any responses to this invitation, inspection and or the preparation or submission in response to an inquiry.
6.3 The Corporation is not bound to award to any bidder and reserves the right to annul the disposal process at any time without incurring any liabilities.
6.4 Late bids shall not be accepted.